AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships. Hello, aspiring scholars! Are you pursuing a PhD in Africa and passionate about innovation and development? The AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships Programme for 2024 offers a unique opportunity to delve deeper into these fields.
Imagine taking your PhD journey to the next level with the AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships Programme 2024. It’s more than just a fellowship; it’s a gateway to expanding your knowledge in Economics, Sociology, or any social science perspective of STEM subjects. You’ll engage in online courses, enhance your writing skills, and possibly even fly to Johannesburg for a study visit! Think about the impact and networking opportunities. Curious to know how you can be a part of this? Keep reading!
What is the AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships Programme?
AfricaLics, the African Network for Economics of Learning, Innovation, and Competence Building Systems, invites PhD students from African universities to participate in their 2024 cohort. This program focuses on nurturing talent in Innovation and Development studies.
Programme Timeline and Activities
- Start Date: The program begins with online activities in February 2024.
- End Date: Activities are expected to wrap up by the end of November or early December 2024.
- Components: The program includes an introduction to Innovation and Development (I&D) studies, writing skills courses, academic journal article writing, and 3 – 5 Paper Presentation Seminars.
- Study Visit: If funds allow, there might be a 3-month study visit to the University of Johannesburg (UJ).
- Post-Program Engagement: Opportunities to stay connected with the AfricaLics community through alumni activities, research conferences, and webinars.
Funding and Costs
Travel and Living Expenses
- Return Flight: Costs to Johannesburg may be covered by AfricaLics, subject to successful fundraising. Alternatively, students may fund these themselves.
- Health Insurance: Students should arrange their own, with possible reimbursement from AfricaLics.
- Stipend: If fundraising is successful, a monthly stipend of approximately $600 will be provided for living expenses in Johannesburg.
- Additional Support: Joint courses and online mentoring activities will be covered by AfricaLics through support from Sida.
- Family Expenses: The programme cannot cover costs for accompanying family members.
- Home Supervisors Visit: Potential for a workshop visit by home supervisors and mentors if additional fundraising is successful.
Read also: 2024 CSIR Bursary Programme for African Students.
Eligibility Criteria: AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships.
To be eligible, you should:
- Be enrolled as a PhD student at an African university.
- Have completed your first year of studies by December 2023.
- Have a background in relevant fields like Economics, Sociology, Political Science, STEM subjects, etc., from a social science perspective.
- Possess adequate skills in English.
- Be working on a subject relevant to innovation and development.
- Submit a one-page application explaining your background and motivation.
How to Apply for AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships.
Your application should include:
- A brief outline of your current PhD project (max. 5 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of PhD courses attended.
- Letters of support from your main PhD supervisor and University Administration.
- Copies of academic certificates (Bachelor and Master as a minimum).
- One writing sample from your current PhD program.
Submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:00hrs East Africa time on December 1, 2023.
Download the application form here: AfricaLics PhD Fellowship Application Form
Apply also: NDA Form 2024/2025 for 76th Regular Course Admission.
Why Apply for AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships?
This fellowship is a stepping stone to:
- Enhance your academic skills in innovation and development studies.
- Network with peers and experts in the field.
- Gain international exposure and academic experience.
- Contribute to the growth and development of your field of study.
Conclusion: AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships.
The AfricaLics PhD Visiting Fellowships Programme 2024 is more than just a fellowship; it’s an avenue for growth, learning, and contribution to the field of African Innovation and Development studies. If you meet the criteria and are ready for this academic journey, apply now and be part of something impactful!