Applications are now invited for the Aga Khan Foundation Canada AKFC International Youth Fellowship 2023. The AKFC application deadline is February 1, 2022.
Founded in 1989, the AKFC International Youth Fellowship programme is a 9-month professional development programme for Canadians seeking hands-on experience in international development.
Each year AKFC selects between 10 and 25 Fellows to participate in the Fellowship. The number of candidates selected varies based on available funding and finding the suitable candidates for the available placements.
READ ALSO: LEAP Africa Social Innovators Programme (SIP) 2022/2023
The Fellowship includes three unique streams: International Development Management (IDM) and International Microfinance and Microenterprise (IMM). Fellows are placed with field partners in over 13 different countries.
- AKFC covers most of the costs associated with living and working overseas including; travel, accommodation, vaccinations, health insurance, and a modest stipend to cover the cost of living. Successful candidates are required to make a one-time contribution of $1,000.00 towards the costs of the Fellowship.
AKFC International Youth Fellowship Eligibility Criteria.
- Applicant must hold, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution by April 30, 2023, with a record of strong academic performance;
- Will not be enrolled in any educational programme for the duration of the Fellowship program (June 2023 – February 2024);
- Demonstrated a commitment to international development through related volunteer, professional or academic experience
- Be 30 year of age or under on or before February 1, 2023
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Be fluent in English
- Present all appropriate documentation (CVs, degrees, transcripts, references, etc.)
How to Apply for AKFC International Youth Fellowship 2023.
Applicants must submit a complete application, along with recommendations (academic, professional, and personal), by February 1, 2023.
AKFC assesses all applications received based on skills and experience and personal suitability for a potential placement. Due to a high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be invited for an interview.