Deadline: Sepetember 14, 2023
Applications are open for the AREF Research Development Fellowship Programme 2023/2024. The aim of the Research Development Fellowship Programme is to provide opportunities for talented health researchers based in Africa, so that they can lead research that is responsive to its African settings and can contribute to reducing the burden of disease. It aims to develop emerging African scientists through developing their skills, experience, confidence and research outputs.
Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF) Fellowships offer awardees the opportunity to develop their own research ideas, research skills and capabilities, to grow their research relationships through collaboration and mentorship, and to work towards a substantial research funding proposal.
The fellowship provides:
- A three to nine-month placement at a leading research institution in the UK, Europe or Africa, with additional support at your home institution before and after the placement.
- Up to £47,000 in funding.
AREF Research Development Fellowship Programme Eligibility
- Open to early career researchers based in Africa.
- The applicants are research active post-doctoral scientists and clinicians with higher qualifications who are nationals of and employed in Africa.
How to Apply for AREF Research Development Fellowship Programme
Complete the application form and all other supporting documents, and upload on to the online application (Application Form Part A.)
It is essential that you discuss your plans for an AREF Fellowship in the context of your career development with appropriate leaders within your Employing Organisation and Host Organisation at an early stage. You need your sponsors and other senior people to agree and support your plans.
- Online Application Form PART A
- Download the Application Form Parts B-F, to fill and upload on to the online application form.
- Download and complete the Application Form Part G – Signature Page, then submit on to the online application.
They aim to notify all applicants of the outcomes of their applications by end of March 2024. Successful Fellowships are expected to start between July 2024 and no later than December 2024.
For more information, visit AREF.