Deadline: September 13, 2023
Applications are open for the Eramet Water Resource Innovation Challenge 2023. As part of its commitment to sustainable and responsible mining practices, Eramet has launched a new start-up competition in collaboration with EIT RawMaterials.
Water is a crucial resource in the mining and metals production, but its availability and quality are limited. The mining industry uses water for a variety of purposes, including mineral processing, dust suppression, slurry transport and storage, and extraction processes. Global water demand is projected to increase by 55 per cent by 2050 (OECD 2012) while global water shortage resulting from climate change aggravates.
The Eramet Water Resource Innovation Challenge is about taking action to tackle the water challenges. In fact, Eramet has made water conservation one of the objectives of its 2018-2023 CSR roadmap – and will very soon make it a major priority in its new roadmap.
This innovation challenge aims to accelerate change within the mining and metals industry to minimize its environmental impact while also ensuring access to valuable resources. It calls for breakthrough solutions that will help create a better future for all.
Do you have a disruptive solution that fits to one of Eramet’s focus areas:
- Water Use: Control and management of water consumption, water reuse, water recovery from high salinity streams, predictive water management, leakage detection
- Water Quality: Monitoring water quality at mining sites, drinking water supply, reduce wastewater, improve sedimentation.
- Environment: Revegetation in water-stress areas, rehabilitation and restoration of waterways.
- Funding: Win a €50,000 prize to test and deploy your solution or product.
- Visibility: Showcase your solution to Eramet leaders and gain recognition.
- Connections: Receive technical and business support by industry experts.
Eramet Water Resource Innovation Challenge Eligibility
They welcome applicants that are:
- Companies, start-ups or SMEs, composed of a team of at least 2 people.
- Providing a solution with an advanced technological maturity, at least level 5 on the TRL scale (technology readiness level). The proposed solutions should be scalable, technically feasible, economically viable, and environmentally sustainable.
- Addressing one of the key challenges and applications of Eramet’s mining and metals business.
How to Apply for Eramet Water Resource Innovation Challenge
To apply for the Eramet Water Resource Innovation Challenge, start-ups should submit a proposal on the application portal that includes:
- A description of the proposed solution and its potential impact: Technical excellence and development stage.
- Innovation, competitive advantage and technical feasibility of the solution.
- The team’s qualifications and experience.
- The proposed timeline and budget for developing and testing the solution.
For more information, visit Eramet Water Resource Innovation Challenge.