The EU Delegation in Senegal Subsidized Internship 2023 for Young Graduates is ongoing. Are you a recent graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about working on a diplomatic mission and how a Delegation represents the interests and values of the European Union in Senegal?
The Subsidized internship for young graduates within the EU Delegation in Senegal is a 3 – month renewable internship within the Politics, Press and Information section at the EU Delegation to Senegal starting in October or November 2023.
Read also: How To Get A Project Management Internship.
EU Delegation in Senegal Subsidized Internship | Overview.
Main tasks :
- Monitoring and analysis of the positioning/visibility of the EU in the media
- Support for drafting documents
- Support for social media management
- Support for the organization of events
- Research and commentary on current topics
Qualifications or specific prerequisites :
The job requirements for the EU Delegation in Senegal Subsidized Internship 2023 includes;
- Given local health and safety conditions, only applicants currently residing in Senegal will be considered.
- Demonstrated interest in diplomatic work and international relations;
- Interest in European affairs;
- Autonomy, flexibility and sense of teamwork;
- Excellent command of written and oral French;
- Knowledge of written and spoken English is an asset;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office and social media;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Hold a degree in law, international relations, political science, journalism and communications, economics or in another related field is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Senegalese media landscape.
How to Apply for EU Delegation in Senegal Subsidized Internship 2023 for Young Graduates.
To apply for the EU Delegation in Senegal Subsidized Internship 2023 for Young Graduates, please send your application to the following address: DELEGATION-SENEGAL-PAID-TRAINEESHIPS@eeas.europa.eu.
Dedicated to receiving applications for traineeships with all the required supporting documents:
- A standard Europass Curriculum Vitae ( CV ) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/(resumes in other formats will not be considered)
- A letter of motivation explaining why you want to participate in a traineeship in an EU Delegation.
- And an application form
Please add in the subject of your email: Subsidized internship – PPI
Important information to read before applying
Before applying, please review the dedicated website and the general eligibility criteria for a subsidized traineeship (Article 8 of Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected intern will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. The intern will be responsible for all costs related to travel, visa, insurance and accommodation.
Applications from ineligible candidates will not be considered. After all, applications have been assessed; shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unselected candidates will be informed by email. The application will be rejected if the selected candidate cannot provide the required documents.
The internship can only be offered in compliance with local legislation and the legislation of the country of origin.
Citizens of EU Member States:
- Must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and repatriation costs;
- Must have an entry visa and a temporary residence permit, if applicable, based on the internship agreement, the duration of the internship and in compliance with local legislation.
Deadline for sending applications: 20/08/2023.
About the Delegation of the European Union to Senegal.
The Delegation of the European Union has been present in Senegal since 1967. This long-term partnership brings a rich and diverse experience that is the basis of its current activities.
WHAT WE DO
We represent the European Union in Senegal.
In the framework of the external relations of the European Union (EU), its geopolitical ambition and the political guidelines set by the President of the European Commission, Ursula Von Der Leyen, we contribute to implementing the partnership between the EU and Senegal, which is based on mutual trust, convergent interests and, above all, common perspectives and values, which aim, among other things, to support green, sustainable and inclusive growth, the eradication of poverty, peace and the protection of human rights in Senegal and the emergence of the country.