EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on Sustainable Energy 2022: The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme provides scholarships for masters’ degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialised universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo) for the benefit of eligible students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector.
The programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (English, French and Portuguese speaking) in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in the region
RELATED: NDDC Foreign/Local Postgraduate Scholarship 2023
About Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), also known as (CEDEAO in French), is a regional political and economic union of fifteen countries located in West Africa.
Collectively, these countries comprise an area of 5,114,162 km2 (1,974,589 sq mi), and in 2015 had an estimated population of over 349 million. Considered one of the pillar regional blocs of the continent-wide African Economic Community (AEC), the stated goal of ECOWAS is to achieve “collective self-sufficiency” for its member states.
Recommended for you:
- List of Accredited Colleges of Education in Nigeria
- List of Approved Schools of Nursing & Midwifery in Nigeria
- Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Courses & Requirements
- How to Apply NDA Admission Application Form
- Top 15 UK Scholarships for International Students
- List of Polytechnics in Nigeria (Federal, State & Private)
- List of Approved Monotechnics/Specialised Institutions In Nigeria
- List of Illegal Universities Operating in Nigeria by NUC
- Top 100 Best Universities in Nigeria (University Ranking
- How to Enrol for Nigerian National Identity Number (NIN)
EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on Sustainable Energy Benefits.
The two types of scholarships available on the programme are:
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located outside their country of residence. The scholarship will provide funding for tuition, subsistence, travel, research grant, insurance and visa.
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located in their country of residence. The scholarship will take care of scholars’ tuition and research grant. A small stipend to contribute towards travel and subsistence will also be provided.
Scholarships will be awarded on a limited number of best qualifying people, to meet budget restrictions. Applicants are encouraged to consider factors such as language, proximity, family, and opportunities for internship in your decision making when selecting your most preferred scholarship category.
Requirements for EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on sustainable energy Qualification
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship application form collects responses from applicants who are interested to complete a master’s programme in the energy sector from shortlisted universities. The scholarship selection process will analyse the information collected through the application form against the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania?
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division)?
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage?
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. If more candidates match the selection criteria than there are places available, they will be ranked according to the results of their last year of study and professional experience.
Checkout: Best 10 Business Schools and MBA Degrees in UK 2022
September 23, 2022
How to Apply EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on Sustainable Energy 2022
Interested and qualified? Go to Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) on www.britishcouncil.com.sn to apply