Top 20 Excel Shortcuts for Your Everyday Use: Microsoft Excel is a spread sheet application package which holds a full workbook.
Excel is a spread sheet application package that is used for calculating, analyzing and manipulating of data.
The work book in excel could carry about 99 more sheets in it.
RECOMMENDED: How To Edit Tables In Microsoft Word
Top 20 Excel Shortcuts for Your Everyday Use.
Every computer package have shortcut keys which makes it working on system easy and faster.
Below are the top most twenty shortcut keys in Excel for your everyday use.
- Cut, copy, paste – Ctrl X, C, V (For Mac book, Command can be substituted for the control key). These are basic shortcuts keys we will use on daily basis.
- Extend selection – Control Shift arrow keys (For Mac book, Command can be substituted for the control key).
- Paste Special – Control + Alt + V (Mac: Control + Command + V). The Paste Special have a great touch on the copied item which makes it easy in pasting values, formulas, formatting, and column widths as well.
- Fill down – Control D. This fills the typed text on the columns or rows below, rightward and leftward.
- Toggle formula references – F4 (Mac: Command Shift T). Examples of reference options are: A1, $A$1, $A1, A$1.
- Autosum – Alt = sums up the figures typed in a sheet. (Mac: Command + T).
- Toggle filters – Control + Shift + L (Mac: Command + Shift + F).
- Current date and time – Control + ; (date) Control + Shift + : (time). This inserts dates and time instantly.
- Select all – Control A (Mac: you can also use Command). This shortcut highlights all the visible area on the spread sheet.
- Go to first cell / last cell – Control + Home, Control + End. (Mac: fn + Control + left arrow, fn + Control + right arrow.
More on Excel Shortcuts for Your Everyday Use.
11. Repeat last action – F4 or Control Y (Mac: Command + Y). This is another pattern of retrieving a lost data.
12. Data navigation – Control + arrow key(s) (Mac: you can also use Command).
13. Fill handle – double click that little square at the bottom right of any selection.
14. Insert / delete columns and rows – To insert: with an entire row or column selected, use Control+ Shift ++ (Mac: Control + I, but in 2016, same as Win) . To delete: with an entire row or column selected, use Control + – .
15. Edit cell – F2 (Mac: control + U) to enter “edit mode” for the active cell without taking your hands still placed on the keyboard.
16. Enter multiple cells – Control + Enter. Want to fill in the same value or formula in more cells at once, use Contril + Enter key.
17. Format cells – Control + 1 (Command + 1). To format anything on excel use the control simultaneously with number 1 for this effect.
18. Select visible cells only – Alt + ; (Mac: command + shift + Z). This prevents copying out any data on hidden rows and columns. The visible will be copied only.
19. New Table – Control + T. This action inserts a new table in your work sheet and you can also manipulate the rows and columns as you desire.
20. Toggle formulas on and off – Control + `. This displays all the formulas used in a particular work sheet.
Note that double tapping of a shortcut key activates and also deactivates the feature if tapped or pressed twice.
You May Also Like:
- How To Transfer Money Using Mobile Phone in Nigeria
- How To Screen Record With Mobile Phone
- Complete List Of All Nigeria Bank USSD Codes (Mobile Banking)
- How To Use GTCO Bank Mobile App
- How To Transfer INEC Voters Data To Another Polling Unit