Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia for International Students: Amongst all the choices of international students, Australia happens to be one of the most talked about and also one of the most preferred study destinations. However, just like every other top study destination, it can be quite expensive when going self-sponsored! This write-up will give you tips on how to study with fully funded scholarships in Australia.
Why is Australia good for studies? Topping the list of reasons is the fact that Australia is home to high standard, globally recognized, world class institutions of higher learning. To add it, the environment, the climate and the people in Australia are quite friendly; comparatively, the citizens live a carefree and much more affordable lifestyle.
Are there Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia?
One of the best ways to study in a foreign country having a higher currency is through Scholarships. Even better are fully funded scholarships.
There are so many fully funded scholarships in Australia. Most of these scholarships cover full tuition fees, living costs, air tickets costs, etc.
Some Popular Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia
To help make your search easier. We have compiled a list of some of the commonly available fully funded Scholarships in Australia. These are just few of the many fully funded scholarships you can find in Australia.
Australia Awards Scholarships
The Australia Awards Scholarships programme is administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is aimed contributing to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. It is a fully funded programme structured for a full-time masters study or a short course in selected Australian public institutions.
Carnegie Mellon University Scholarships
This scholarship is for Masters’ international students in Australia and it is fully funded. This means that it covers both tuition, travel and living costs. The value of this scholarship is AUD $30,000 for 21 months Masters’ degree and AUD $20,000 for 12 months Masters’ degree course.
Deakin University Scholarships
The Deakin University scholarship grants post graduate students a sum of $28,600 per year and some other additional costs for relocation and health insurance.
Charles Darwin University Scholarships
The Charles Darwin University offers scholarships for both undergraduates, Masters, PhD and training students. Some of these scholarships are fully funded while others will only cover 50% of tuition costs.
This scholarship was created for international students who want to go for their Masters‘ or PhD studies in Australia. The Rotary Peace fellowship is a fully funded scholarship that covers a lot of areas like the full tuition fees of its recipients, living costs, travelling cost, field study expenses, and so on. Here, students will be given a total sum of $40,000.
The Swinburne International Excellence Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that offers its recipients a sum of $2500 to cover course expenses. This scholarship is for both undergraduate and Masters‘ students.
Requirements to Get a Fully Funded Scholarship in Australia
If you really desire to have a fully funded scholarship in Australia then you must stand out in the midst of other applicants. There are certain requirements that you will have to possess before you can be considered for a scholarship in Australia, Below are some of the basic requirements;
- Good Academic Records: Since most scholarships are based on academic performance, you will always stand a better chance if you are able to present a very good academic records of your previous academic qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency: While some schools might easily give a waiver others a re bent on seeing a relevantly high score in English language proficiency tests to be sure of the student’s language ability.
- Recommendation letters: Most scholarships require that you have some recommendation letters from your school or supervisors/professors.
- Working experience: For most graduate scholarships, the awarding bodies would usually like to pick persons who already have some professional experience related to their chosen field of study. Previous internships or University student jobs related to your field of study are also appreciated.
- Your application: sending it an excellent application will of course increase your chances of getting a fully funded scholarship.
10 Most Desired Fully Funded Australia Scholarships for International Students.
Below are the top scholarships in Australia listed for international students. These scholarships are either funded by government, corporate bodies or top universities in Australia.
Government Awarded Australia Scholarships:
1.) Australia Awards Scholarship
Value: 100% full funding
Duration: Period of study
Australia Awards Scholarships, formerly known as Australian Development Scholarships (ADS), provide opportunities for people from developing countries. This program leads the way when mentioning Australia Scholarships for International Students
The scholarship benefits generally include full tuition fees, return air travel, establishment allowance, contribution to living expenses (CLE), Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), and a number of other things.
2.) IPRS Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Value: $110,000 for duration of study.
Duration: 3 years.
The IPRS program enables international students to undertake a postgraduate research qualification in Australia and gain experience with leading Australian researchers. The scholarships are available for a period of two years for a Masters by research degree or three years for a Doctorate by research degree. The scholarship covers tuition fees and health cover costs.
Entry for this scholarships are usually accepted between 1 January and 30 June while recipients commence their research program in Semester (this is not a fixed schedule).
3.) Destination Australia Scholarships
Value: up to $15,000 per year
Duration: duration of study
The Australian Government is set to begin awarding a number of scholarships yearly to deserving Domestic and international students across universities in Australia. The scholarship will be award across all level of education beginning from Certificate IV to Masters Level.
Over $17 million in grants is available under 2021 to support scholarships for up to four years $4-24 million per year for four years) announced by the Hon Dan Tehan Minister for Education.
Application timelines for Destination Australia Scholarships are usually dependent on applicant’s chosen school.
4.) Research Training Program (RTP)
The Research Training Program (RTP) scheme is administered by individual universities on behalf of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. Applications for RTP Scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities. Each university has its own application and selection process. Applicants have to contact their chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme. It is one lucrative Australia Scholarships for International Students
University Awarded Australia Scholarships:
Valued: Up to $50,000 per annum.
The University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS) is funded by the University of Sydney and provides tuition fees offset and stipend to high quality international postgraduate students who wish to enrol in or are currently enrolled in a research degree at the University. These scholarships are either co-funded by the university partners.
6.) University of Adelaide International Scholarships
Value: AUD28, 092
Duration: duration of study
The University of Adelaide offers a number of Adelaide Scholarships to outstanding international graduates from any country to commence their education particularly at the postgraduate study level (Masters or Doctorate degree by research). Scholarships are awarded yearly as a way of incentive to attract the international study community and as well as a support program to encourage outstanding academic performances.
Value: full/partial tuition fee payment
UNSW offers a wide range of Scholarships and Awards to support International undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students commencing full-time study at the course. Some scholarships will provide a full or partial tuition fee payment, while others provide a stipend to assist with the costs associated with your studies.
You will receive confirmation of any scholarship award with your offer letter. Applicants must pay the minimum deposit stipulated in the offer letter by the date stated on the acceptance form in order to secure their scholarship.
8.) University of Queensland’s Global Excellence Science Scholarships
Value: Full Funding
Duration: duration of study
The University of Queensland International Science Scholarships are focused at exceptionally insightful science undergraduate and graduate students wishing to study at the university. The scholarship is awarded across a wide range of courses in the Sciences.
9.) CDU Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarships
Value: 25% or 50% of the tuition fees.
Charles Darwin University (CDU) offers the Vice-Chancellor International High Achievers Scholarships to international students who have a record of academic excellence, and want to pursue their undergraduate and postgraduate degree in Charles Darwin University Australia, and seeks to Make Positive Impact in the world.
10.) Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
The vice-chancellor’s international scholarship is highly competitive and awarded based on academic merit to future students. It provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Macquarie University. Application for scholarships is ongoing (annual) while course starts in normally in July (may not be fixed).
General Requirements to Study in Australia
To benefits from this list of most desired scholarships in Australia for International Students, here are a few of the eligibility requirements you will want to consider important. Although, different scholarship programs may have their specific eligibility requirements.
- You must be an international student with a student visa, which means you should not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia, or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently.
- You also must have received an offer of admission or and be commencing in any undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Letter of Offer (conditional).
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate English Package Offer.
- Applicants must meet the University’s academic and English language entry requirements for their chosen course.
- Applicant should have a minimum overall score of 85% in their highest completed qualification (in case of merit scholarships).
- The application must have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential.
- Achieve a minimum WAM equivalent of 65 for Postgraduate applications; or a minimum ATAR equivalent of 85 for Undergraduate applications.
- Be a within specified age range.
- Be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship.
- Not be married to, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue, and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a student visa).
- Be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements.
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. This may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements.
- Not be applying for a scholarship for a course of study at an academic level lesser than they have already achieved (eg be applying for a Master’s scholarship when they already hold a Ph.D.).
How to Apply for Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia
If you have been applying to get funding for your education in times past without having any success, these tips will be of great help.
- The first step to take is to do intense research for the type of scholarships that will suit you. the goal here is to find as much scholarships as possible.
- The next step to take is to check your eligibility for these scholarships. The criteria are mostly based on academic records, your language proficiency scores, financial situation, your location or place of origin, and your course of study. Isolate the scholarships that you truly qualify for.
- You can go through a study agent. Ask for his/her advice about the types of scholarships to go for and the ones available in your choice institutions.
- Organize all documents and prepare an excellent scholarship application.
- Now, when you are done with preparing the documents and your application letters, do not submit immediately. Let others see it and point out possible corrections, I suggest you go for experts.
How to Increase your Chances of Getting Accepted for Scholarships in Australia
During scholarship application periods, you find a large amount of people applying with only a few of them being successful. To be among the selected few, you want to be sure that you adopt these useful tips;
- Apply on time. sometimes delay could be denial when it comes to scholarship applications
- Do a lot of research for the right scholarships.
- Don‘t apply for just one scholarship, apply for as much as you can.
- Some scholarships require that you are involved in the growth of your community. Therefore, you have to participate in community activities
- Apply for scholarships that you are eligible for.
- Have a thorough understanding of the application process before applying.
- Also apply for government assistance, part time jobs, student loans as back up plan.
These are the major steps you have to take to get a fully funded scholarship in Australia. Remember to remain optimistic and never give up on your study dream.