Do you want to know how to verify vehicle number plate registration status in Nigeria? Are you intending to buy a car and you want to ascertain if the registration status is done correctly? Then, this post is for you. Keep reading.
Do you face challenges trying to prove to security agencies in Nigeria that your car has been registered? May, you also don’t want to spend a ridiculous time at checking points. Well, there is a quicker way to do that now, especially regardless of your state. Here’s how to check your vehicle registration in Nigeria.
RELATED: How Much Is Driver’s License Renewal In Nigeria
About The Registration Verification Website
The Lagos State government first collaborated with the State Motor Vehicle Administration Agency(MVAA) to create a website verifying vehicle plate number authenticity. This website was created to assist law enforcement agencies and motorists in quickly confirming car registration online at checkpoints. This also helps to reduce the amount of time spent and harassment at checkpoints. The Federal Road Safety Commission in Nigeria has a website where you can easily check your plate number registration verification.
The name of the website created by the Lagos State Government is Motor Vehicle Registration Search (MVRS). It is a search portal powered by the Lagos State Ministry of Science and Technology. The website is connected to the directory containing the registration details of all legally registered vehicles within Lagos and other states in Nigeria.
The vehicle number registration verification website by the FRSC is the Federal Road Safety Corps National Vehicle Identification System.
How to Verify Vehicle Number Plate Registration Status in Nigeria.
Here’s the simple process to check your vehicle registration in Nigeria;
- Visit https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/VehicleManagement/VerifyPlateNo to log on to the Motor Vehicle Registration Search website.
- On the website’s landing page, you’ll see a search engine box, type in your vehicle plate number. Do not give space or any other symbol to your plate number when typing in the number. For instance, your number should appear like this: LG467FT. You can also enter the number in small letters like; lg467ft.
- Click on the search button and wait for your results. If your number is correct and valid, the registration details of your vehicle will appear. The result will contain the name of the car, the colour, the model of the car, the chassis number, the date the registration was issued, and many more. If the number is incorrect or invalid, your search will return as “plate number is invalid.”
How To Check If A Car Has Truly Been Registered In Nigeria.
- Check vehicle registration in Nigeria
- Go to www.lsmvaapvs.org to log on to the Motor Vehicle Registration Search website.
- On the landing page, you will see a search engine box. Type in the plate number of your vehicle. …
- Click on the search button and wait for your results.
How do you check if the vehicle is registered?
First, you should log on to a website called Motor Vehicle 7-Character Plate Backlog Inquiry. The site will then require you to fill in the 15-digit MV number and engage with your certificate of registration at the top side.16
How do you check if a car is not stolen in Nigeria?
Most times, car buyers fall prey to buying stolen vehicles. Most people don’t even realize they bought a stolen car until much later. There are several consequences of buying a stolen car. You become an accomplice and are involved in a crime you know nothing about. Often, those who buy stolen cars bear the brunt of the purchase.
The Lagos State government created this first vehicle registration verification. It’s now defunct, but the FRSC website still works. All you need is a smartphone and an internet connection, and you’ll be saying goodbye to time-wasting and harassment at checkpoints.