Applications are open for the MEET UP! Youth for Partnership Funding Programme 2022. With the MEET UP! Youth for Partnership funding programme, the Foundation Remembrance, Responsibility and Future (EVZ) and the Federal Foreign Office jointly support international youth projects in Germany, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine.
The application deadline for MEET UP! Youth for Partnership Funding Programme is October 31, 2022.
TOPICS for MEET UP! Youth for Partnership Funding Programme 2022.
The main focus of the international youth encounters is working together on one of the following topics:
1. Crisis – Conflict – Cooperation:
As part of the youth encounters, young people can actively examine current wars, crises and conflicts. Young people deal with local and transnational democracy and human rights movements, discuss the role of fundamental rights such as freedom of speech and press freedom in times of crises and conflicts, and use best practice examples and their own experiences to collectively develop concepts for shaping their future in a democratic world.
2. Culture of remembrance:
The youth encounters are committed to promoting an active critical examination of the historical experience of National Socialism. The encounters integrate historical narratives of the partner countries and offer possibilities to map out approaches to historical experiences. The encounters establish links between the history of National Socialism and contemporary realms of experience and discuss the misuse of historical narratives to justify war. In this way, the encounters help young people to actively address the threats to democratic and open societies. Young people are empowered to counter historical revisionism, antisemitism and other types of discrimination.
3. Youth participation and promoting commitment:
The youth encounters foster young people’s commitment to becoming involved in democratic processes, both within their environment and in an international context. For young people, the last few years have been characterized by great uncertainty and a continuous state of alert and – along with it – insecure prospects for the future. The encounters empower young people to shape their own future by actively addressing civic commitment and cross-border solidarity and together developing concepts for shaping their future. Participants can exchange on best practices, learn about youth participation concepts and structures, as well as plan and implement their own project ideas.
4. UN sustainable development goals:
The youth encounters enable participants to engage with and critically examine one of the 17 sustainable development goals of the United Nations. Young people can exchange ideas about the global sustainability goals as part of a process through which they learn that future-related issues in a just and equitable world affect each one of us individually. Additionally, specific project ideas are also developed and implemented.
RECOMMENDED: World Bank Internship Programme – Winter 2022 (Paid position)
MEET UP! Youth for Partnership Funding Programme Grant.
- The amount of the grant ranges between EUR 15,000 and EUR 50,000 and is based on the number of participants and the activities planned.
- Binational and multinational projects involving young people from Germany, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova and Ukraine are eligible for funding. A maximum of 4 countries may participate in a project. One partner must be based in Germany.
- Participants should be between 14 and 35 years of age.
What is not eligible for funding?
- International youth encounters without a German partner
- Projects where participants come from only one country
- Projects that have already started
- Encounters that do not involve any project work (such as visiting programmes, lecture visits, congresses, aid transports, humanitarian aid, etc.).
RECOMMENDED: Sterling Bank Graduate Apprenticeship Program (GAP) 2022
How to Apply for MEET UP! Youth for Partnership Funding Programme 2022
Submit your application digitally at firstname.lastname@example.org