With the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC)’s USSD service, you can now easily check or retrieve your National Identity Number (NIN) on your mobile phone. See how you can check your NIN via USSD below.
If you have enrolled for the national ID card scheme and forgotten your National Identity Number (NIN), you can now check it on your mobile phone.
How to Check or Retrieve National Identity Number (NIN) Via USSD
Have you misplaced your NIN? Have you forgotten where you kept your NIN slip? Not to fear, NIMC’s USSD service allows you to easily obtain your NIN using your cell phone.
Dial *346# on your phone to retrieve your NIN. This service is available on all the Nigerian Mobile Networks, including MTN, AIRTEL, GLO and 9mobile.
Recommended for you:
- List of Accredited Colleges of Education in Nigeria
- List of Approved Schools of Nursing & Midwifery in Nigeria
- Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Courses & Requirements
- How to Apply NDA Admission Application Form
- Top 15 UK Scholarships for International Students
- List of Polytechnics in Nigeria (Federal, State & Private)
- List of Approved Monotechnics/Specialised Institutions In Nigeria
- List of Illegal Universities Operating in Nigeria by NUC
- Top 100 Best Universities in Nigeria (University Ranking
- How to Enrol for Nigerian National Identity Number (NIN)
- Universities Offering Open & Distance Learning Courses in Nigeria
Steps (NIN USSD Code):
- Dial *346#
- If you are still using the same phone number that you enrolled with for your NIN, you can retrieve it by selecting “NIN Retrieval” from the list of alternatives that is displayed and typing the number “1“
- Follow the procedures on your screen and enter the relevant information.
- Please keep in mind that using this service costs only N20 (twenty naira) (deducted from your phone credit balance).
Now that you know your national ID card number, go ahead and Link your National Identity Number (NIN) to your Number.
How to Know if your NIN Card is Ready (NIN USSD Code)
To check if your National Identity Number (NIN) card is ready, visit the National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] website – www.nimc.gov.ng.
Scroll down the homepage and click on ‘e-ID Card Status Portal’ to check if your card is ready and now available at the activation centre.
After, fill in your first name, last name and your NIMC check tracking ID and hit the ‘check now’ icon button.
READ ALSO: How To Apply New UK Scale Up Visa
How to Link your National Identity Number (NIN) to Sim | MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile.
Here are easy and quick steps for Nigerians to link their National Identity Number (NIN) to their MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile number via USSD and Online.
Following the NCC instruction, the major network providers in Nigeria (MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile) released easy and quick steps for subscribers to link their National Identity Number (NIN) to their Number.
How to Link your NIN to Your Number to MTN Number
Dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or dial *785*Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically.
You can also visit or download MyMTN App to submit your NIN details.
How to Link your NIN to Your Number to Glo Number
You can now link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your mobile number as a Glo subscriber. Simply send “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName” to 109.
How to Link your NIN to Your Number to Airtel Number
Link your National Identification Number (NIN) to your phone number. Just dial *121*1# now to link.
How to Link your NIN to Your Number to 9Mobile Number
Visit http://www.9mobile.com.ng/nin Or you can dial *200*8#
Please don’t forget to share this post titled ( NIN USSD Code ).