The Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship of the University of Mannheim Foundation aims to open up opportunities: The scholarship intends to enable students in a weaker financial position to take up or complete their studies.
Students are funded for up to one year. At the end of the funding period, they can reapply for the scholarship. The selection committee individually decides on the amount of funding for each student.
Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship Requirements.
You can apply for the Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship if you are currently studying or if you have applied for a Bachelor program at the University of Mannheim. Candidates applying for a Master program at the University of Mannheim are excluded from the scholarship program.
We accept applications from all schools and departments and from all semesters. However, we require good grades and regular course attendance and coursework. When deciding on the allocation of scholarships, we consider the economic, family-related, and personal circumstances of each student.
These include, for example, urgent emergencies, a lack of support from family, disabilities, illnesses, or taking care of relatives.
- Application form: The completed and signed application form.
- Curriculum vitae: Please include a detailed, current curriculum vitae (CV).
- Letter of motivation: The letter of motivation (one to two pages) offers the opportunity to explain in detail why you apply for the scholarship. Please consider the following questions when composing your letter of motivation:
- Why do you apply for an Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship?What does your financial situation look like? What kind of financial distress are you experiencing at the moment?What is your current personal situation?What are your professional and personal plans for the future?Is there any information that should be considered when deciding on the allocation of scholarships that has not been requested in the application form?International students: How do you intend to meet the financial requirements for your visa?
- University entrance qualification: Please submit a copy of your university entrance qualification. For example, your Abitur or an equivalent qualification.
- University degree certificates: Please submit a copy of your university degrees, if available. For example, a bachelor’s degree certificate or other university degree certificates.
- Recent Transcript of Records: You can obtain a Transcript of Records from the Express Service. Please make sure to include your current average grade if you have already acquired more than 30 ECTS. The overview of grades from Portal2 is not sufficient.
- Proof of financial situation: Proof of your financial situation with appropriate supporting documents. Please indicate of all financial resources – including any financial support for example from your parents – available to you each month on the application form and assure the truthfulness of your indication. The foundation can request the submission relevant proof after the application.
- Proof of personal, family- or health-related circumstances: Please inform us of all circumstances that are relevant for the application. If documents only exist in a different language, they need to be translated into German or English.
- Any other relevant documents: These include, for example, proof of professional experience, certificate of vocational training, prizes, awards, birth certificate etc. provided that they are relevant for the application. If documents only exist in a different language, they need to be translated into German or English.
- Information on residence card: This only applies to international students.
Applicants for a study place at the University of Mannheim have to apply for a study place first before applying for the scholarship. You have to start studying at the University of Mannheim before you can receive the scholarship.
How to Apply for Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship.
We only consider complete applications that have been submitted in due time and form. Please send your written application in German or English to:
Stiftung Universität Mannheim
Schloss, Raum O 043
It is possible to submit your application, including all the required documents, by e-mail. In this case, please send all documents in time and in the order indicated (in one pdf-document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind that if you send us an unencrypted e-mail, potential risks to the confidentiality and unauthorised access by third parties cannot be ruled out.
The award of the scholarship in the event of a successful application is dependent upon submission of the original and hand-signed declaration of consent of the applicant to collection, processing, and transfer of personal data.
We will send you an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application documents. The foundation reserves the right to request further information or obtain them from a third party. Once the application deadline has expired, please do not submit any additional documents without being asked to do so.
See Also: Top 15 UK Fully Funded Science Scholarships without IELTS
Please note that there is no legal entitlement to receive funds from the foundation.
Deadlines for the next application process are expected to be announced in March 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions.
What grade average should I have if I want to qualify for the scholarship?
We consider every application in its individual context. Therefore, there is no predefined grade average requested by the Opportunity Mannheim Scholarship.
When will I receive a response to my application?
We are planning to send out responses (confirmations and rejections) by mid-July 2022.
Can I receive a scholarship if I am in my second degree program?
Yes. The foundation also funds students pursuing a second or additional degree program.
How can I provide a Transcript of Records or proof of any coursework while I am still in the first semester of my master’s program?
Please submit your bachelor’s degree certificate.
In which form do I have to provide the documents when submitting my application?
Copies and printed versions of scanned documents are sufficient proof. You do not have to have the copies certified. The application form is the only document that needs an original signature.