The University of California Irvine invites applications from suitably qualified undergraduate and master’s students for UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category. UC Irvine offers freshmen entering high school and transfers students the opportunity for the 2023 – 2024 academic session.
This scholarship is renewable for 3 years for freshmen and 1 year for transfer beyond their initial year of tenure as long as eligibility requirements are met. The scholarship application open period for continuing students is open through the month of January for awards in the upcoming academic year.
The University of California Irvine offers many scholarship opportunities for current undergraduate students through the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships’ annual online scholarship application.
- The Regents’ Scholarship
- The Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship
- The Directors’ Scholarship
To be eligible for UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Undergraduate and Master’s degree students enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 units in each academic quarter) at UCI (Doctoral degree students should not complete this application, please check with your department or Graduate Division for scholarship/fellowship opportunities)
- Minimum 2.5 undergraduate admissions GPA or UCI cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if eligible, to qualify for need-based scholarships. The FAFSA can be filed at www.studentaid.ed.gov. Students who are not eligible to file a FAFSA and qualify for the AB 540 fee exemption waiver must submit a California Dream Act application to qualify for need-based scholarships. The California Dream Act application can be filed at dream.csac.ca.gov.
- Eligible students are undergraduate students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or eligible non-citizens.
- International students may apply for UCI scholarships, however, they cannot file a FAFSA or CA DREAM Act Application, so they do not qualify for need-based scholarships.
- Top 15 UK Fully Funded Science Scholarships without IELTS
- Low-tuition Universities in Australia for International Students
- CSIR Bursary Programme for African Students 2023/2024
- Imfundo Trust Scholarships 2023/24 in South Africa
- Top 10 Fully-funded European Government Scholarships
- KAIST International Students Scholarship (Full Tuition) 2023
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2023 (for high-income countries)
How to Apply for UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category for International Students
The Distinguished Scholarship category does not require any scholarship application. Students are automatically considered for scholarships in this category based on the UC application for admission.
No additional materials are required nor considered in the selection process for these scholarships. To be considered for these three scholarships, you must apply for fall admission by November 30.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details