Distance Learning Courses in Nigeria: List of Universities in Nigeria offering Distance Learning Education (Open & Distance Learning “ODL”) in Nigeria.
Below are the list of Distance Learning Centers (ODL) in Nigeria and the programmes they offer.
Recommended for you:
- List of Accredited Colleges of Education in Nigeria
- List of Approved Schools of Nursing & Midwifery in Nigeria
- Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Courses & Requirements
- How to Apply NDA Admission Application Form
- Top 15 UK Scholarships for International Students
- List of Polytechnics in Nigeria (Federal, State & Private)
- List of Approved Monotechnics/Specialised Institutions In Nigeria
- List of Illegal Universities Operating in Nigeria by NUC
- Top 100 Best Universities in Nigeria (University Ranking
The list of approved Distance Learning Centers are as follows:
List of Universities Offering Open & Distance Learning Courses in Nigeria
|1||University of Ibadan, Ibadan||UI Distance Learning Centre|
|2||Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife||OAU Centre for Distance Learning|
|3||University of Lagos, Akoka||UNILAG Distance Learning Institute|
|4||University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri||UNIMAID Centre for Distance Learning|
|5||Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola||MAUTECH Centre for Distance Learning|
|6||University of Abuja, Abuja||UNIABUJA Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education|
|7||Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso||LAUTECH Distance Learning Centre|
|8||Ahmadu Bello University Zaria||Distance Learning Centre ABU, Zaria|
|9||Lagos State University||Lagos State University Open and Distance Learning and Research Institute|
|10||Joseph Ayo Babalola University University||JABU Center for Distance Learning|
|11||University of Nigeria Nsukka||UNN Center for Distance and e-Learning|
|12||Babcock University Ilishan||Babcock Centre for Open Distance and e-Learning|
|13||Federal University of Technology Minna||FUTMINNA Centre for Open Distance and e–Learning|
|14||University of Ilorin||UNILORIN Centre for Open Distance and e-Learning|
What is Distance Learning Education (Open & Distance Learning)?
Distance learning education is becoming increasingly popular as more and more people are looking for ways to save money on their tuition costs. It may not be for everyone, but if you’re interested in learning about a new subject or taking a course that’s not available in your area, distance learning might be the perfect solution for you!
What is Distance Learning Education?
Distance learning is a type of education where the student interacts with the teacher through electronic media. This approach can be used in traditional schools, colleges, and universities, or it can be used by businesses to provide training to their employees.
Distance learning is becoming more popular because it is flexible and can be delivered anytime and anywhere. It also allows students to learn at their own pace and from any location.
Types of Distance Learning Programs
There are many different types of distance learning programs. Here is a rundown of the most common types:
- Web-based learning: This type of program allows students to access the program from any internet-enabled device.
- Mobile learning: This type of program allows students to access the program from their mobile devices.
- Virtual learning communities: This type of program lets students collaborate with classmates in real time.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Distance Learning
Distance learning has many advantages and disadvantages.
- the ability to learn at your own pace,
- the lack of required in-person class attendance,
- and the ability to take courses from different providers.
- the potential for lower student satisfaction ratings,
- difficulty finding a distance learning program that meets your specific needs,
- and the need for reliable internet and communication services.
How to Choose the Right Distance Learning Program for You
There are many things to consider when choosing a distance learning program. Here are some tips to help you choose the right one for you.
1. What is your goal?
Selecting a distance learning program based on what you want to learn is important. If you only have a general idea of what you want to do, it may be best to choose a program that offers courses in specific areas of study.
2. How much time will you have to commit?
If you are considering a program that will require significant amounts of time and effort, make sure the program meets your needs. Some distance learning programs offer flexible hours that allow you to work at your own pace, while others require full-time attendance.
3. Do you have any previous education or experience in the subject matter?
If you are not familiar with the topic or need help getting started, make sure the program offers assistance in setting up an account and enrolling in courses. Many distance learning programs also offer support materials such as FAQs or tutorials that can help guide you through the process.
4. What type of equipment do you need?
If you plan on attending classes live, you will need to have a computer and Internet access. If you are attending courses online, you will need a computer, a webcam, and an account with a online learning provider.
5. What type of support do you need?
Some distance learning programs offer live chat or email support that can help you with any questions or problems you may encounter. Others provide extensive documentation and instructional materials that can help you learn the material.
Distance learning education is a great way to get the education you need without having to leave your home or travel to an expensive school. There are many different types of distance learning, so whether you are looking for online courses or programs that you can take in person, our selection of options will have something for you.
We also have a guide on how to choose the best distance learning program for you. So if distance learning is right for you, be sure to check out our selection and read our guide first!