Stephan Klasen Fellowship 2023 : In 2019, the Faculty of Business and Economics, together with the Presidential Board of the University of Göttingen and the Faculty’s Development Economics professorships, established the “Stephan Klasen Fellowship” on the occasion of the Farewell Lecture by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Stephan Klasen, Ph.D. With this award, the Faculty honours the development economist’s great commitment to young researchers and to development economics in Göttingen as a whole.
Stephan Klasen has significantly expanded development economics in Göttingen and, by establishing diverse and cross-faculty cooperations and networks, has enabled interdisciplinary research in this field. Today, Göttingen is Germany’s largest and internationally most visible location for research on developing countries. In addition, he has created one of the first junior professorships at the Faculty of Business and Economics. As first reviewer he supervised 76 doctoral theses.
Starting in 2021, two postdoctoral fellows will be invited to Göttingen for a one-year scientific exchange each year (no teaching required). The fellowship will be advertised annually.
READ ALSO: NPA World Maritime Day Essay Competition 2022 | 1.7M in Prizes
Benefits of University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship
- The fellowship includes a monthly stipend and, if applicable, child and family allowances and a travel grant.
- The scholarship amount follows the guidelines for awarding scholarships at the University of Göttingen, which in turn are based on German Research Foundation (DFG) guidelines.
- They are regularly adjusted based on cost of living to ensure that scholarship holders can live comfortably in Göttingen.
Requirements for University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship Qualification
- Candidates from low- and middle-income countries according to the OECD DAC list ) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are further required to hold a PhD in development economics (or similar) before the start date of the fellowship. At least one of the two fellowships will be awarded to a female candidate.
- Disabled persons with equivalent aptitude will be favored
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022.
Recommended for you:
- List of Accredited Colleges of Education in Nigeria
- List of Approved Schools of Nursing & Midwifery in Nigeria
- Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Courses & Requirements
- How to Apply NDA Admission Application Form
- Top 15 UK Scholarships for International Students
- List of Polytechnics in Nigeria (Federal, State & Private)
- List of Approved Monotechnics/Specialised Institutions In Nigeria
- List of Illegal Universities Operating in Nigeria by NUC
- Top 100 Best Universities in Nigeria (University Ranking
- How to Enrol for Nigerian National Identity Number (NIN)
How to Apply University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship 2023.
Application documents include an academic CV, one publication or working paper, contact details of at least two academic references and a two-page research statement. Applications should be submitted to email@example.com.
About University of Göttingen
The University of Göttingen, officially the Georg August University of Göttingen, (German: Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, known informally as Georgia Augusta) is a public research university in the city of Göttingen, Germany. Founded in 1734 by George II, King of Great Britain and Elector of Hanover, and starting classes in 1737, the Georgia Augusta was conceived to promote the ideals of the Enlightenment.