This is to inform you that the US State Department Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2024) is now open.
The entry submission period for DV-2024 is from 12:00PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 5, 2022 to 12:00PM EST (GMT -5) on November 8, 2022. The entry form will only be available for submission during this period and this period only. Entries will NOT be accepted through the U.S. Postal Service.
- Application Deadline: 8th November 2022 12:00PM EST (GMT -5)
- Offered Annually? Yes
- Program Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State
- Host Institution(s): Bureau of Consular Affairs, USA
- Program Type: Diversity Visa Program
- Nationality: All Nationalities
RELATED: 10 Fastest Ways to Make Money on TikTok in Nigeria
Eligible Countries for the US State Department Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2024) Application.
For DV-2024, natives of the following countries are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years:
Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.
Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible.
READ ALSO: Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme for South Africans 2023
About the US State Department Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2024).
The Department of State administers the Congressionally-mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program annually. Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides for a class of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants” from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States.
For Fiscal Year 2023, 55,000 Diversity Visas (DVs) will be available. There is no cost to register for the DV program. Applicants who are selected in the program (selectees) must meet simple but strict eligibility requirements to qualify for a diversity visa.
Applicants who are selected in the program (“selectees”) must meet simple but strict eligibility requirements to qualify for a diversity visa. The Department of State determine selectees through a randomized computer drawing. The Department of State distributes diversity visas among six geographic regions, and no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year.
The entry form will only be available for submission during this period and this period only. Entries will NOT be accepted through the U.S. Postal Service. Before beginning the entry process, you can verify that your picture(s) comply with all requirements in the Photo Tool.
Eligibility for US State Department Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2024):
- Individuals born in countries whose natives qualify may be eligible to enter.
- If you were not born in an eligible country, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Was your spouse born in a country whose natives are eligible? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth – provided that both you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States simultaneously.
- Were you born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2022 program.
- Each DV applicant must meet the education/work experience requirement of the DV program by having either:
- at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education;
- two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience to perform. The Department of State will use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine qualifying work experience.
Number of Awards: Not specified.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022/2023 (Fully-funded)
- Polish Government Scholarships for International Students 2023
- IAU Astronomy in Africa Scholarships 2022-2023 (Fully-funded)
- How to Apply Nigeria Federal Government Bursary Awards 2022
- MEET UP! Youth for Partnership Funding Programme 2022
- Sterling Bank Graduate Apprenticeship Program (GAP) 2022
- How To Get A Job After Learning An Online Skill
- How To Convert Files To Portable Document Format
How to Apply for US State Department Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery.
- The entry submission period for DV-2024 is from 12:00PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 5, 2022 to 12:00PM EST (GMT -5) on November 8, 2022. The entry form will only be available for submission during this period and this period only. Entries will NOT be accepted through the U.S. Postal Service.Do not wait until the last week of the registration period to enter, as heavy demand may result in website delays.
- No late entries or paper entries will be accepted.
- The law allows only one entry by or for each person during each registration period.
- The Department of State uses sophisticated
Award Providers: US Department of State
Method of Application.
Interested applicants seeking for U.S. Department of State Electronic Diversity Visa Program should submit application online. Follow through these steps:
- Step 1: Submit an Entry
- Step 2: Selection of Applicants
- Step 3: If You Are Selected
- Step 4: Confirm Your Qualifications
- Step 5: Submit Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application
- Step 6: Submit Supporting Documents
- Step 7: Interview
- Step 8: Prepare for the interview
- Step 9: Applicants interview
Complete your own application. The online entry application is easy and free.
As indicated in the US State Department Electronic Diversity Visa Lottery instructions, for the purposes of eligibility some countries include components and dependent areas overseas. If you are a native of a dependency or overseas territory, please select the appropriate country of eligibility. For example, natives of Macau S.A.R should select Portugal, and natives of Martinique should select France.